By Kimberly Fleischmann, Coach, Team N Tense
New name, same team. Tulalip Team N Tense is proud to announce we are beginning our season competing at the Auburn, WA Inline Speed Skating Invitational Competition, held January 18-20. We have been skating together as Team N Tense for seven years. The competition began with middle distance races which vary in distance for each division and is won by placements and accumulation of points after a short and long distance race have also been completed on a 100-meter track.
I am very proud to be coaching this team. It takes a lot of dedication to get up at 4 a.m. to get to a competition where the doors open at 5 a.m. and racing starts at 6 a.m. Our skaters range in ages of 5 years to 72 years.
Our placements were:
- Fred Brevik 4th place Esquire Men Division
- George Comenote 2nd place Junior Men
- George Comenote skated the 100meter time trail with an 11:02 lap time
- Ayana Haynes 1st place Tiny Tot Girls
- Ayiesha Haynes made the Finial in her 300meter race
- Nikita Flieschmann made the Finial in her 500m race
Great job to all these skaters for their racing. Our next competition will in Federal Way, March 11-13
Coached By Kimberly Fleischmann. Questions about Tulalip Team N Tense? Visit our Facebook page and message me.