Please submit your letter of interest by January 6, 2020 at Noon to the Board of Directors Staff. Please submit either by a physical document or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (this is the only acceptable email for your request).
For questions regarding the term and duties, please contact Rosalie Topaum, Election Chairwoman
Qualifications: Must be a Tulalip Tribal Member over the age of 18. We meet twice a month, during an election we meet weekly. This position may require time away from your job bi annually. Lifetime appointment
- Administer and conduct elections within the Tulalip Tribes boundaries in a manner that will ensure fair and honest elections.
- Creating and distributing notice for the General Council Election(s);
- Publicly posting and distributing the list of qualified candidates for upcoming Elections;
- Recordation of petitioners, absentee ballots, election results, and related documents;
- Ensure that elections are conducted fairly and are within the requirements of the Constitution and by-laws;
- Safekeeping of Election documentation, materials and results;
- Working closely with various Tribal departments or entities
- Being impartial and unbiased
- Maintain confidentiality
- Facilitate filling of vacant Commission positions in accordance with applicable law